Government jobs for Judges Cum Magistrate in Lahore High Court Lahore
LAHORE HIGH COURT, LAHORE e e ADVERTISEMENT NO.01/2020/CJW(R&E) Date: 13/06/2020
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates domiciled in Punjab. possessing the following qualifications as prescribed in the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994 to appear in the competitive examination (or the recruitment against vacant posts of the civil Judges-cum-Magistrates (BS-17) (BS-17) on transient foundation likely to be permanent.
QUALIFICATIONS: (1) An advocate who possesses a degree in Law from a recognized university entitling him/her to practise the profession of law wise Member of the Faculty of advocates of Scotland:
(2) An advocate who has actively practised the profession of law for not less than 02 years after having been enrolled as an advocate. (Two years’ practise as an advocate shall be counted from the date when the advocate enrolled himself/herself with any Bar Association under Rule 7.10 read with Rule 7.12 of The Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Council Rules. 1974.
EXPLANATION For the purposes of this clause:-
(a) The expression ‘practised the profession of law” shall include any period of Govemment service by a person as-
(i) DistrictAttomey, Deputy Distnct Atlomey or an Assistant DistrictAttomey; or
(ii) full-time prosecutor authorized t0 c0nduct prosecution on behalf of the Government and
(b) to prove active practice the candidate shall declare by an affidavit (attached with the application form)that:-
(i) He/she had been actively practicing the profession of law during two years preceding the date of advertisement: and
(ii) during this period he/she had not engaged himself/herself in any other whole-time service. Business or because the case may be, occupation for advantage.
AGE Not less than 22 years and not more than 35 years on 15th July 2020
Pay; BS-17 plus admissible allowances.
QUOTA (1) Three percent (3%) quota is reserved for disabled persons envisaged by Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) Ordinance, 1981 as amended by Section 2 of the Punjab Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) (Amendment)Act, 2015.
(2) Five percent (5%) quota is reserved for minorities in the light of Govt. of the Punjab Notification No. SOR-111(S&GAD)1-35/93, dated 27.03.2010
SYLLABUS: The written examination shall consist of seven papers. A candidate shall solution all the papers in English besides Paper VI (Urdu). The time allowed for each paper shall be 03 hours The papers and maximum marks allocated to each paper are as under:-
SUBJECTS MAXIMUM MARKS: t. Civil Law-l 100 2. Civil Law—II 100 3. Criminal Law 100 4. General Law 100 5. English 150 6. Urdu 150 7. General Knowledge 100 8. Viva Voce 300 TOTAL 1100
1. Civil Law—I • The Contract Ad, 1872
• The Guardian and Wards Act 1890 read with relevant provisions of High Court Rules & Orders
• The Limitation Act. 1908 • Muskin Family Laws (Pakistan)
• The Punjab Pre•Emplion Act. 1991
• The Punjab Rented Premises Act, 2009 2.
Civil Law-11 • The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
• The General Clauses Ad, 1897
• The Court Fee Act, 1870
• The Registration Act 1908
• The Specific Relief Act 1877
• The Punjab Land Revenue Act. 1967
- Criminal law • The Pakistan Penal Code, 1860
• The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898
• The Juvenile Justice System Act. 2018
4. General Law • The Oanoon-e-Shahadat Order, 1984
. Lahore High Court Rules and Orders Volumes II & III
• The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973
• The Punjab Civil Courts Ordinance. 1962
5. English • English Literature
6. URDU • Urdu Literature
• Urdu Essay
- General Knowledge i. Everyday Science
ii. General Knowledge
iii. Pakistan Affairs
iv. Islamiat for Muslims: Ethics questions for non-Muslims
v. International Relations
suggested readings are available on the website of the Lahore High Court, Lahore
COMMENCEMENT OF EXAMINATION
The examination will commence w.e.f 17″ November 2020.
PASSING MARKS. PSYCHOLOGICAL AND APIMJDE TEST (1) Candidates securing 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in aggregate shall be considered to have passed the written examination.
(2) After passing the written examination, the candidates shall undergo a compulsory Psychological and Aptitude Test.
(3) The report of the said Test (without award any marks) shall be placed before the Interview Committee for consideration at the time of the interview.
Viva Voce: Candidates passing the written examination shall be called for viva-voce. Those who obtain 50 percent marks in the interview shall be considered for appointment.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS (1) A candidate shall not be eligible to appear in an examination of a category under the Punjab Judicial Service Rules. 1994, if he has already availed himself of three chances in that category.
(2) The candidates also required to mention if they have availed the chance of examination of 2017 and 2019.
(3) The date sheet and place of examination will be intimated to the eligible candidates through call letters, and also through SMS or e-major press.
(4) The high court reserves the right to fill any poster to frame any kind of policy without assigning any reason.
(5) In case of concealment of facts. fake facts or misstatement made by any candidate in any report is located: the Lahore High Court reserves its proper to cancel the candidature at any level, even after the appointment. Such concealment/misstatement shall lead to proceedings against the said candidate underlie Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act. 1973. or criminal prosecution under the Pakistan Penal Code. 1860 and shall forfeit his/her right to seem in this or subsequent examination(s) or to stay in the carrier
(6) Conduct of the applicant in the courts for the duration of exercise would be relevant.
(7) The online prescribed application form is available on the official website of the Lahore High Court. i.e. www.lhr.gov.pk.
(8) Candidates are required to deposit a non-refundable examination fee of Rs.4,000/- (Rupees four thousand only) in any branch of MCB Bank situated within the province of Punjab in MCBBank Lahore High Court, Lahore Branch Gold Saving Account No. 0785503341001134 titled Human Resource-District Judiciary and fill in online prescribed software form.
After taking print thereof, the candidates are required to forward the application form to the office of the undersigned along with the original deposit slip. Deposit slips are available in all the branches of MCB Bank. The candidate must fill the following information on the Deposit Slip:-
a. Name of the Candidate b. CNIC of the Candidate c. Job Title
(9) The online application form along with a hard copy. original bank deposit slip and the relevant documents must be dispatched by post to the office of the undersigned on or before trimly 2020, whereafter no online submission or hard copy shall be accepted.in view of palmiticCOUVIDS-19 will be received through post only.
(10) The attested copies of the following documents must be attached with the hard copy of the application form:-
(a) All educational certificates:
(b) Domicile certificate;
(c) Computerized National Identity Card:
(d) Two years experience certificate as an advocate duly signed via the involved President. District BarAssociation. stating the date when the candidate was enrolled as a member of the Bar Association and duly countersigned by the concerned District and SessionsJudge:
(e) Enrolment certificates as an Advocate of Lower Courts;
(f) Enrolment certificate as an Advocate of High Court (if any);
(g) Membership certificate of District/Tehsil Bar Association issued on their letterhead clearly mentioning the candidates’ Name, CNIC, and Date of the Membership duly stamped and countersigned by the President of The District/Tehsil Bar Association and the worried District and SessionsJudge (fluid and manual correction isn’t allowed):
(h) Character certificate. from the President DistrictBarAssociationduly countersigned by Me District & Sessions Judge:
(i) Appointment letter in caseate Government employee:
(j) The Prosecutors and Government Employees who fall in the ambit of the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994, shall provide the experience certificate on the prescribed proforma duly issued by the competent authority,
(k) A Disable applicant should provide Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Disability Board showing suitability fitness the person for the subject post as provided under Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) Ordinance.1981;
(I) Five latest passport size attested photographs (one from the front and four from the backside) by a Government officer of BS-17 or above who should give his/her full name, designation, affix his/her official stamp and signatures. The said snapshots will be submitted in a small-sized envelope and the identical be uploaded (800kbs) while filing the web application form;
Size: The photo needs to be of a 2 inch X 2-inch size:
Background: Light blue. white or off white:
i. Candidates need to be looking directly at the camera: The tired face posing is not allowed:
iii. The features of the face need to be clearly for visible identification purposes:
iv. Female candidates should also upload photos without covering lassie/Me identification and security purposes:
(11) Incomplete applications will be rejected summarily No deficiency shall be permitted to be made up after the last date for submission of application forms.
(12) Attachment of Enrollment & Membership Certificate of District Bar Association is compulsory under Rule 7(1)(a)(ii) of the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994.
(13) District Attorneys, Deputy District Attorneys. Assistant District Attorneys, full-time prosecutors legal to conduct the prosecution on behalf of the Government shall follow through proper channel.
(14) No age experience relaxation shall be granted under the rules. (15) Applications without a bank deposit receipt shall be rejected summarily.
(16) Candidates having enrollment with Islamabad Bar Council having Punjab Domicile and evidence of two years practice at the Lahore High Court, Lahore, or its subordinate courts are allowed to appear In the competitive examination.
(17) The applicants shall be governed by the rules, regulations, policy, and decisions made by the Lahore High Court. Lahore from time to time.
(18) The answer books of the examination shall be disposed of after three months from the date of declaration of final result. No representation/application of any kind shall be entertained thereafter.
(SARDAR TAHIR SABIR)
DISTRICT & SESSIONS JUDGE (HR-DISTRICT JUDICIARY) FOR REGISTRAR
SHAHRAH-E-QUAID-E-AZAM, LAHORE Telephone: 042-99212951-67, Extension # 329/187