Jobs for Female Area Advisor in University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore
UNIVERSITY OF VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES LAHORE
JOBS FOR FEMALE AREA ADVISOR
ENHANCING SMALL RUMINANT PRODUCTION TO BENEFIT FARMING FAMILIES IN SINDH AND PUNJAB
Applications are hereby invited from certainly qualified & devoted woman experts with sturdy communication & interpersonal capabilities for cattle project entitled “Enhancing small ruminant manufacturing to gain farming households in
Sindh and Punjab, Pakistan” funded by using the Australian Centre for International Agriculture Research (ACIAR).
Posts: Female Area Advisor
Qualification: Degree in Animal/ Veterinary Sciences
About the location: We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic “Female Area Advisor” to paintings on an across the world funded research venture on small ruminant manufacturing and advertising and marketing in Punjab and Sindh. This role will involve undertaking field research on goat and sheep health and production to help to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farming families in rural Punjab.
The function entails running with an established group of young, dynamic veterinary researchers wearing carried out, participatory research in collaboration with smallholder farmers and cattle value chain individuals. Its aim is to describe the major constraints to goat and sheep production, health and marketing, and produce evidence-based recommendations and actions to help overcome these constraints to improve smallholder farm productivity and livelihoods. The project is actively extending its results through the small ruminant sector in Pakistan through direct contact with farmers and other sector stakeholders including government livestock departments, universities, and non-government organizations. The role is supervised by a project coordinator based in the same office in Lahore and will work closely with the existing Punjab Area Advisor (Lahore) and Area Advisors based in Sindh, plus the Australian project leaders based in Melbourne, in a well-supported, collegial position. The position requires a practical working knowledge of small ruminant health and management.
Key activities are: • With the wider field team, carrying out collaborative field research into goat and sheep production and health in villages in Punjab alongside, including data and sample collection covering:
• Animal production measurements
• Collecting animal samples to assess health fame
• Conducting surveys and interviews with farming households and other livestock stakeholders, such as price chain participants consisting of investors and provider carriers
• With the guide of the rest of the undertaking team, assisting respond to farmer enquiries approximately farm animals health and production troubles
• Contributing to the introduction and shipping of farmer schooling and different extension sports that deliver significant benefit to smallholder farmers thru evidence-based enhancements to their small ruminant farming
Helping contribute to undertaking communications, which includes stakeholder reports and clinical publications The position calls for journey to assignment area web sites, presently which includes Chakwal, Bhakkar and Rajanpur, plus occasional journeys to the
The opportunity exists for a global journey for training and/or conference attendance for suitable, interested candidates.
Essential • An presented degree in animal/veterinary sciences with as a minimum one-12 months paintings revel in.
• Experience running with smallholder farmers, and goats and sheep in village farm settings
• Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a younger, dynamic research group below constrained direct supervision however with suitable technical help, while keeping a positive collegiate working surroundings
• Excellent sensible competencies the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communique abilities in Urdu, Punjabi and English Desirable
• Previous research sporting out implemented cattle studies
• Experience engaging in farmer schooling or other farmer engagement activities Please
Suitably certified and skilled women are strongly encouraged to apply
The role can have a probationary period for 3 months and is then renewable each 6 months depending upon first-class overall performance
three. Interested applicants ought to ship a written announcement directly addressing the choice standards, their distinctive CV, academic documents, and revel in certificates at the following electronic mail address
four. Initial shortlisting might be based totally upon the software and shortlisted applicants can be invited for an in-depth interview online and at UVAS, Lahore.
- All the applications should reach before 07-07-2020 at the following address
No TA/DA will be admissible for interviews
Address: Humera Iqbal Project Manager, Aik Saath Small Ruminant/Dairy-beef Project University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No: 042-37212339