– Writing efficient code.
– Creating websites/a website using standard HTML/CSS practices.
– Working closely with web designers and programmers to produce the website.
– Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what time-frame.
– Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation.
– Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down.
– Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built.
– Managing a team might also be part of the job role.