CNFA is an international enterprise development non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. dedicated to stimulating sustainable growth in the agricultural sector. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, expand exports and develop skills in the rural workforce.
About the Project:
PATTA is a 4-year USAID funded project that will bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan. PATTA is partnering with agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services with the potential to increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers while mobilizing private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA partnerships will provide smallholder farmers with broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity, build resilience to climate change and reduce postharvest losses.
The Procurement Specialist will support the project team with implementation efforts by executing day-to-day procurement and contact administration activities of the project as per the project’s set procedures, manuals, templates, and guidelines. The Procurement Specialist will assist the Deputy Chief of Party in implementing tasks related to procurement of large value goods, works and services.
Job Location: Islamabad
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the Procurement Specialist are as follows, although not limited to:
- Manage, execute and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods and services for the implementation of the project;
- Assist in preparation of bidding documents, procurement implementation plans and procurement performance reports/tracker;
- Execute day-to-day procurement functions such as: analyze market conditions, verify technical specifications or terms of reference, prepare and launch tender documents.
- Arrange and facilitate site visits or bidders and conferences, respond to written queries or requests for clarifications, facilitate evaluation panels, prepare evaluation reports, carry out price reasonableness analyses, facilitate contract negotiations;
- Assist the project team with management of USAID contract and monitor for compliance against specified terms and conditions, addressing delays, troubleshooting problems, assisting in contract amendments, and ensuring completion of work and delivering of goods and services;
- Ensure safety, security and maintain confidentiality of the whole procurement process;
- Act as an observer to evaluation committees, ensuring that the evaluation of bids/ proposals received is done based on criteria stipulated in the bidding documentation and performed in accordance with the procurement procedures set forth in the procurement manual;
- Assure that all procurement activities are performed in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner, and that they are in line with procurement regulations and conditions of the implementation agreement.
- Assist with management and resolution of bid challenges;
- Protect the procurement activity from fraud, waste and abuse;
- Show a willingness to perform other duties as assigned and designated by the Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, project management or related field. (advanced degree preferred);
- 7-12 years of procurement experience with a large organization;
- Experience designing end-to-end procurement strategies, preparing RFP documents, evaluation and analysis of bids/proposals, and demonstrated aptitude for analysis;
- 2-3 years of experience of working with USAID funded projects is mandatory;
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and aptitude for training/capacity building within an organization;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, Excel spreadsheet and Power Point);
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Send your C.V email@example.com