- Organization: United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Tunis (Tunisia)
- Grade: Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 2019-11-03
BACKGROUND INFORMATION – JOB-SPECIFIC
The trainee assists in managing the administrative and logistical aspects of procurement as part of project support activities with partners in North Africa.
Main responsibilities of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Specialist and in close collaboration with all stakeholders, the trainee will perform the following key tasks in accordance with UNOPS procedures and regulations:
– Assist the procurement team in its procurement of goods and services.
– Search for potential new bidders and invite / assist them to register on the UNGM Global Portal for Suppliers.
– Update the database of existing bidders / suppliers.
– Create supplier profiles on UNOPS ERP.
– Attend bid evaluation meetings.
– Drafter evaluation PVs according to UNOPS models.
– Check the creation of requisitions and purchase orders on the UNOPS ERP when necessary.
– Assist in auditing procurement processes for past goods and services and ensure all files are complete.
– Assist in the identification of suppliers whose cumulative amount has exceeded the Office Procurement Authority threshold for submission to the Regional Contracts Committee or Headquarters.
– Assist in the preparation and submission of retroactive / post-facto cases.
– Assist in developing and updating contract history tables.
– Help update the contracts dashboard and ensure that contract amendments are up-to-date to avoid retroactive / post-facto cases.
– Archive the supply files (physical and electronic archiving).
– Follow-up of the monthly logbook of the cars.
Other missions may also be entrusted during the course. Follow-up checks and progress
Ensure that projects lead to the achievement of specific objectives and required results within the specified tolerances for time, cost, quality, scope and risk.
– Effective management of purchases within the team.
– Better physical and electronic organization of official files and documents.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
The selection procedure is open to candidates who, by the deadline for submitting applications, meet the following conditions:
– To be a student in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree (Bachelor’s degree or 3), Bachelor, Masters or PhD or already in possession of these diplomas mentioned above, obtained less than 3 years ago.
Minimum years of experience desirable:
Professional experience in the following areas would be desirable: Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, Finance, Economics, Management.
Computer Tools: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
– Arabic: Very good knowledge
– French: Very good knowledge
– English: Intermediate knowledge
- Ability to assess needs and allocate resources.
- Follow-up of the statutes of the contracts with the suppliers.
- Relational capacities, adaptation and flexibility.
- Team spirit, initiative and responsibility.
- Dynamic, organized and rigorous.
- Curiosity of mind, willingness and learning ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure independently and in a team.
- Significant knowledge of People Soft / MSRP.
- Mastery of software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
|Demonstrates an understanding of the effects of its role on all partners and gives priority to beneficiaries. Forges and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if applicable to its role).|
|Evaluates data and processes to make logical and pragmatic decisions. Adopt a neutral and rational approach in calculating risks. Applies innovation and creativity to a problem solving process.|
|Effectively establishes a series of measures for oneself and for others to achieve a goal. The actions taken lead to the total accomplishment of the task while respecting the quality requirements in all the fields. Identify opportunities and take initiatives to seize them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes the impact of our activities on beneficiaries.|
|Treats all individuals with respect give consideration to differences and encourage others to do the same. Embodies ethical and organizational standards. Meets high standards of honesty Is a model for diversity and inclusion issues.|
|Open to change and flexible in a very dynamic environment. Adapts effectively his approach to follow changing circumstances or needs. Learn from his experience and change his behavior. Its results are consistent, even under pressure. Constantly seeking improvement.|
|Express ideas or facts clearly, concisely and openly. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Listen actively and share your knowledge spontaneously. Manage conflict effectively by respecting differences and finding common ground.|
|Acts as a positive example contributing to team spirit. Collaborate and support the development of others. For Leaders Only: Acts as a positive example of leadership, motivates, leads and inspires others to succeed, uses appropriate leadership styles.|
CONTRACT TYPE, LEVEL AND DURATION – INTERNSHIP
Contract duration: 6 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
The trainee will receive a monthly allowance to cover his living expenses during the six-month training period.
- Please note that this position concerns candidates of Tunisian nationality and / or residing in Tunisia.
- Please note that the job offer ends on the closing date at midnight Copenhagen time (Central European Time).
- Harmonization between personal and professional life – UNOPS values its contractors and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal requirements. We have a progressive work-life alignment policy and we offer a number of flexible work schedule options. This procedure applies to all types of contracts.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only preselected candidates for the interview will be contacted.
- We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
- The selected candidate is required to comply with UNOPS security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures and the UN Security Management System.
UNOPS policy requires the verification of references of all potential candidates for a position or an internship. These checks are crucial for hiring.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT UNOPS
Within these three core areas of expertise, the organization provides transactional, advisory and implementation services to its partners for projects ranging from school and hospital construction to the purchase of goods. and services, through the training of local workers. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the projects it supports, with a particular focus on strengthening national capacities.
UNOPS operates in some of the most challenging contexts in the world and its vision is to improve sustainable implementation practices in the areas of development, humanitarian assistance and peacebuilding, while meeting or exceeding systematically the expectations of its partners.
With more than 7,000 staff in more than 80 countries, UNOPS provides its partners with the logistical, technical and managerial knowledge they need, no matter where they need it. Its flexible structure and international reach enable the organization to respond quickly to the needs of its partners while generating economies of scale.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION – TUNISIA
The UNOPS office in Tunisia offers a range of project support services with partners in North Africa. It provides project management services, including design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. It also offers fund management, loan and administration grants, government procurement, local capacity building, training and technical assistance.