- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Toxicology – identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Chemistry – provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistry.
- Hematology – provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Immunology – provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as the gamma counter, spectrophotometer, densitometer, and through methods such as radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunossay, and serological testing.
- Microbiology – provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Blood bank – ensures the patient of receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Blood bank – assures future retrieval of patient transfusion information by preparing patient packets and maintaining blood bank database.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Diploma or certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician from an accredited program or equivalent. (Minimum two (2) years of course duration).
- DHA License or Eligibility is mandatory.
- English fluency is mandatory
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferable
Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Undertake clinical duties, with relevant training in the below areas:
- Basic Life Support
- Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Blood Disposal
- Clinical Sample Quality
- Sample Collection
- Infectious Substances
- Hazardous Substances
- Blood Bourne Viruses
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safe Storage
- Computer Literacy
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong operational thinking skills
- Critical Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Cognitive skills
- Analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good team working skills
- Time management
- Customer Service orientation
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Additional Internal Information: