Minimum (5) five years’ experience of social and cultural cohesion initiatives, peacebuilding, human rights or other related fields is a must
Programme Officer (Female Only)
Department / division / team:
Peacebuilding and Socio-Cultural Cohesion
Line Manager’s name and job title:
Date of posting on:
October 11, 2019
Last date to Apply:
October 21, 2019
1. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for preparation of project proposals, budgets, reports, implementation and monitoring of projects under “Peacebuilding and Socio-cultural Cohesion Programme” in close coordination with local partners and Programme Coordinator.
- Assist Programme Coordinator in quality control of programme/project interventions through regular monitoring visits/reflective sessions and give recommendations.
- Assist Programme Coordinator in strengthening coordination/synergies between partners and the organization through effective communication.
- Support Programme Coordinator in fund raising initiatives.
2. MAIN TASKS
- Provide technical inputs at different stages of programme/project management cycle
- Collect data for periodic progress reports while conducting monitoring of projects and review of financial reports of partners.
- Update project/programme documentation on global project handling system (public 360)
- Assist in strengthening networking and coordination with relevant CSOs, NGOs/INGOs and Government Departments, including relationship building with faith actors.
- Document best practices, results, case studies, lessons learnt from different projects
- Assist in preparation and submission of progress and financial reports according to deadlines and reporting formats provided by back-donors
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
(Project, team, workgroup-leadership/coordination, facilitation, monitoring, relation building etc.)
- Masters’ degree preferably in Peace studies, human rights or other social sciences
- Minimum (5) five years’ experience of social and cultural cohesion initiatives, peacebuilding, human rights or other related fields in a must
- Solid experience of facilitating trainings in leadership, dispute resolution and Do No Harm Approach
- Good understanding of local context, culture, vulnerable groups, and underlying socio-politico-economic situation and working with senior leaders and communities of diverse faiths
- Experience of developing programme strategy, writing project proposals and reports
- Good understanding and experience about positive use of social media
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to define priorities
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with good knowledge of Urdu and other local languages
- A good team player
4. OTHER DUTIES / FUNCTIONS ASSIGNED TO THE POSTION
- Learn and use online financial and budget management system, i.e.
- Available to travel to the field for 50% of time on short notice.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor or management.
- One year with possible renewal based on funding and excellent performance