Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, IOM Pakistan, and under the direct supervision of the National Programmes Manager, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist with implementation of all activities under ongoing The Global Action to Prevent and Address Trafficking in Persons and the Smuggling of Migrants (Glo.Act) project and other migration management capacity building projects.
- Assist in preparing and drafting reports for donors (quarterly, yearly and final) in a timely manner.
- Liaise with project partners and Government counterparts on a regular basis to keep track of the department’s ongoing capacity building activities.
- Assist in preparing and compiling information, reports, notes for file regarding capacity building initiatives and coordination meetings with government stakeholders and other concerned organizations in Pakistan.
- Organize the logistical details of coordination meetings, conferences, seminars and capacity building / training workshops for all projects being undertaken by the department.
- Assist in resource mobilization and project development initiatives taken by the department by carrying out background collection of information, drafting concept notes and facilitating the preparation of budgets.
- Act as focal point for and arrange logistics to facilitate the presence of Pakistani government and other relevant stakeholders at international meetings, events and conferences.
- Assist in collecting information and inform the supervisor of any legislation/policy mechanisms update regarding readmission procedures in the country.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant experience or completed high school degree with at least four year of relevant experience.
- Previous experience working with civil society organizations is an advantage
- Previous experience in organizing capacity building initiatives for the Government of Pakistan departments is an asset
- Previous experience in drafting concept notes/proposal and financial budgets.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required.