Masters Degree and B.Ed / M.Ed with 3 to 5 years experience in relevant subject in an English medium environment at Secondary and Higher secondary level.
- The teacher must be competent in their subject of specialization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Enthusiastic approach about their subject and profession
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good background knowledge of Subject
- Knowledge about enrichment material
- Ability to multi-task and to respond quickly to various requests
- Problem Solving Skills and good Interpersonal skills
- Attention to deadlines
- Demonstration of creativity, friendliness, and a sense of humor
- Proven ability to work well with others; Team Players
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Task Categories and Responsibilities:
Academic: Teach diligently and faithfully all subjects he or she is required to teach. Aspects to be kept in mind are:
- Record keeping
- Giving feedbacks
(b) Teaching Methodology and style
- Teach outside the traditional subject and grade level confinements
- Demonstrate a commitment to (differentiating) instruction and a willingness to adapt teaching to as per the need of learning styles of students.
- Use cooperative group work and constructivist learning as primary instructional approaches
- Assess student effort and learning through authentic assessment, portfolios as well as standardized tests
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary planning and team teaching
- Work closely with families to support the academic, social and emotional growth of students
- Participate in regular professional development, reflective practice, peer coaching, and professional associations
- Use technology inside and outside the classroom
(c) Planning and Management
- Attend, when required by the Principal or the appropriate superintendent; all meetings relating to school matters.
- Conduct examinations according to a schedule determined by the Principal /V Principal
- Maintain Order and Discipline in classes and School
- To discourage Non-attendance of students; teachers shall cooperate with the Principal in ascertaining the cause of non-attendance of students to classes.
- To provide for general WellBeing of all students- It shall be the duty of all teachers, to encourage temperance, morality, industry, neatness and promote health and hygiene of all pupils.